At Anderson | Hinkins, we give each of our clients individualized focus and provide them with intelligent legal solutions. Getting an estate plan in place is not just planning for the worst-case scenario; it's planning for the best-case scenario for you and your loved ones. An effective estate plan takes care of your family when you are no longer able to. Here are four benefits estate plans offer:
- Preventing wealth from going to unintended beneficiaries.
- Protecting families with young children.
- Preventing your heirs from inheriting a tax burden.
- Eliminating family messes when you're gone.
A well-thought-out estate plan should include:
- Durable power of attorney
- Beneficiary designations
- Letter of intent
- Healthcare directives
- Guardianship designations
Is it necessary for an attorney to set up your estate plan? Not necessarily. You could definitely use a DIY service, and there are many options out there. The question is: should you? The main thing to consider is: Will your estate plan hold up in court? Consider using an attorney who understands these laws and the best ways to protect you and your family. There are many obstacles in life; let Anderson | Hinkins provide you with the legal solutions to overcome them.