The compensation you can receive in a personal injury case will depend on the specific circumstances of your case. Here are some types of compensation that may be available:
1. Medical expenses: This includes compensation for all the medical expenses you have incurred due to your injury, including hospital bills, doctor's fees, medication costs, and rehabilitation expenses.
2. Lost wages: If you have missed work due to your injury, you may be entitled to compensation for the wages you have lost.
3. Pain and suffering: This includes compensation for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of your injury.
4. Property damage: If your personal property was damaged in the accident, you may be entitled to compensation for the cost of repairing or replacing it.
5. Loss of earning capacity: If your injury has resulted in a permanent disability that limits your ability to earn a living, you may be entitled to compensation for the loss of earning capacity.
6. Punitive damages: In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the defendant for their wrongful actions and to deter them and others from engaging in similar behavior in the future.
The amount of compensation you can receive will depend on the severity of your injuries, the extent of your financial losses, and other factors. It's important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to discuss the specific details of your case and to determine the compensation you may be entitled to.